D: 205.314.6201 | F: 205.879.1114
600 University Park Place, Suite 501 | Birmingham, AL 35209
Charlie Haines has had a 34-year career in fee-only, fiduciary financial planning. In 2017, he joined Warren Averett Asset Management, a nationally-recognized firm with offices in the Southeast. Charlie advises affluent and ultra-wealthy clients in all areas of financial planning but specializes in the softer issues that money touches. For over 20 years, these services have encompassed family alignment, family learning, purpose discovery and planning, moving from charity to philanthropy, career change, and a host of other areas that merge psychology and money. Charlie and his wife Nancy have eight children and ten grandchildren.

Education

Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Williams College, Williamstown, MA   Masters in Business Administration, University of Virginia Darden School of Business, Charlottesville, VA

Professional Affiliations

  • National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
  • Financial Planning Association (FPA)
  • ALPHA Study Group
  • Arlington Study Group
  • 1998 NAPFA National Conference Chair
  • Financial Advisor Magazine 2004 – one of the Six Movers and Shakers in the industry
  • Co-Founder of National Advisors Trust Company
  • Birmingham Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40

Community Involvement

  • Small Group leader at Church
  • Rotary and Birmingham Education Foundation, Volunteer
  • WorkFaith Birmingham, Volunteer

Ask Me About

  • Why it is critical to create an intentional life and vision for the future before selling your business or retiring
  • Why 90 percent of the time in the third generation the money is gone, the relationships are gone, or both. How do the remaining 10 percent avoid the Midas Curse?
  • How Hassan changed my life
  • How I started investing when I was in 4th grade
  • What it was like to work for the Saudi Arabian Royal Family