Providing a full complement of alternative investment services
Whether your alternative investment firm is a startup with a few partners or a fund with more than $100 million in assets and 100 partners, we have you covered.
Warren Averett has more than 30 years of experience servicing the alternative investment community delivering timely, customized creative services such as hedge fund accounting and auditing— all within a reasonable fee structure.
We are also licensed to transact business as approved CIMA auditors in the Cayman Islands, which enables us to audit financial offshore entities such as hedge funds, mutual funds and registered investment advisors. Our Cayman Islands office also provides audit, tax and consulting services and other financial services throughout the United States, as well as the British Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands.
The Alternative Investment Group offers a full complement of services to clients, including:
- Specialist accounting and special audit services
- Annual audit of financial statements
- Asset management accounting and auditing
- Review of partner capital allocations
- Calculation and tracking of high-water marks and performance incentive allocations
- Preparation of individual partner capital account statements
- Calculation of partner rates of return
- Surprise audits for Registered Investment Advisors
Tax compliance and consulting
- Timely preparation of partnership federal and state tax returns, K-1s for each partner, general partner and all affiliated entity returns
- Proactive tax planning
- Reporting and compliance relating to Passive Foreign Investment Company holdings
- Estate and succession planning
Alternative Investment Consulting
- Advise start-up funds related to organizational structure
- Fund formation and structuring, including recommendations of attorneys, prime brokers, fund administrators and other industry providers
- Compensation and ownership planning for the firm and the management team
- Fund document review
- Industry best practices
Warren Averett will work with your company to find ways to help save you money, stay in compliance and plan for your future.
Our team is dedicated to our community and committed to building relationships through local and regional organizations within the industry. We are proud to be a sponsor of the Southeastern Hedge Fund Association (SEHFA) and Help for Children (HFC).