Serving the needs of public companies
We serve public companies ranging from accelerated filers to reporting public shells. These clients operate in a broad range of industries, including financial services, technology, manufacturing, food services, life sciences and others. With a staff well trained in public company operations, we focus our efforts on seeking avenues to improve your company and its bottom line, all with an eye toward the independence rules of the SEC and Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.
Our professionals have worked with public filers through their complete business lifecycle — from initial SEC registration and public debt filings to ongoing SEC reporting and compliance, quarterly reviews, annual financial statement audits, internal controls attestation and other complex matters. Our public company experience encompasses the following specific areas:
- Registration statements
- Initial public offerings
- Acquisition audits and reverse acquisitions
- Audits and assurance, including integrated audits
- Annual filings (10K), quarterly filings (10Q), benefit plan audit filings (11K) and information filings (8K)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 assistance, including design, testing and/or documentation
- Internal audit co-sourcing
- Income tax provision/uncertain tax provision assistance
- Service organization control audits/services
We complete engagements in a timely fashion, meeting deadlines and delivering reports on time. We support our clients in ways that allow them to concentrate on the matters that are most strategic for their long-term success.
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
Warren Averett serves a significant number of companies in the United States that are foreign owned or that have foreign operations. Whether you are already reporting on IFRS, considering early adoption or gradually converging as standards are changed — we can deliver services to meet your needs.
Our team of professionals has experience in auditing IFRS statements, as well as preparing IFRS statements and reporting packages from GAAP financial statements for reporting to parent companies. We stay ahead of the curve as changes are being proposed and issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board.
The services we offer related to IFRS Reporting include:
- Audits of IFRS financial statements
- Preparation of IFRS financial statements and reporting packages
- Assistance related to the adoption of U.S. GAAP Convergence Standards issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board
- Evaluation and implementation of internal controls related to IFRS accounting standards