PROTECTING WHAT MATTERS MOST
Estate planning is one of the most important elements of any financial plan for business owners and their families. You have a vision for your legacy. That vision combined with our forward thinking advice and planning can result in estate strategies that secure your family’s future and lighten the tax burden.
Our Estate & Trust Group has comprehensive planning expertise in areas such as:
- Succession plans for family-owned businesses
- Comprehensive financial planning, risk assessment and wealth management plans
- Creating a plan to care for a special needs child
- Guidance in making charitable gifts (during life and at death)
- Assistance with finding long-term care solutions
Warren Averett’s Estate & Trust Group provides specialized tax planning and compliance services for individuals and those whom they choose to serve as their Executor and Trustee. Our planning approach offers a unique partnership perspective. We approach estate planning opportunities with a comprehensive understanding of real life application and desired outcomes. We work to understand your long term goals and help to make sure short term financial planning fits into your long term estate and financial plan. We are not just an outsider pushing the hot topics and trends of the day, but rather a trusted advisor who remains in step with you, your wishes and your representatives.
Our professionals have the skills and expertise to prepare and file federal and applicable state estate tax returns, fiduciary income tax returns, and federal gift tax returns along with the experience to assist your chosen representative in the administrative duties associated with serving as an Executor or Trustee. As part of our comprehensive approach to your strategic estate planning needs, we thoroughly assess your wants and desires while reviewing your existing will and trust documents. We review your assets, and delve into where you think your wealth will go, both in value and in actual transfer. We consider future plans regarding additional wealth accumulation, trusts, philanthropic goals, gifting and insurance needs. We then develop a personalized plan with continuous monitoring that will best fulfill the wishes of your legacy.
We work closely with your attorneys and financial or investment advisors, insurance agent and bank trust officer in order to customize and implement an estate and financial plan in your best interest, and one that is prepared to adapt to life changes. We also have attorneys available who can assist you if you do not have one.
Our Estate Planning Services include:
- Wealth transfer/Estate Tax analysis
- Review of existing estate planning documents
- Life insurance needs evaluation
- Presentation of Estate Planning Strategies including:
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Credit shelter trusts/marital trusts/QTIP Trusts
- Qualified personal residence trusts
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRATs)
- Gifting strategies for children and descendants
- Charitable gifting strategies
- Assistance with estate and trust administration including:
- Disclaimers and post mortem tax planning
- Funding of testamentary trusts
- Incomes tax planning for estates, trusts and the beneficiaries
- Financial statement preparation and related accounting services
- Tax Preparation for Estates and Trusts including:
- Estate tax returns
- Fiduciary income tax returns
- Gift tax returns
Our priority is our clients, and what we do for our clients is personal. It enhances their life’s work and future plans for themselves, their loved ones and their community.