Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting is partnering with a growing team in Lutz, FL to find their next great Accountant. This would be a great role for someone with a few years of experience looking to be heavily involved with all processes in a small to mid-sized company’s accounting department.
- Create, monitor and post journal entries and perform book-keeping duties
- Create, monitor and post journal entries and accruals; Audit invoices, monitor accounts payable trial balance, input manual invoices, check preparation and disbursement, and perform procedures relating to proper vendor payments
- Review and perform analysis of accounting information
- Review accounting information and ensure is accurate and all deadlines and schedules are met on time and in accordance with policies and Service Level Agreements where applicable
- Answer queries related to your area of activities
- Generate accounting and financial reports and prepare and support account reconciliation of sub ledger and general ledger
- Generate accounting and financial reports such as A/R and A/P Aging Reports, general ledger, account statements
- Prepare and support reconciliation of general ledger and of bank accounts; Perform and support accounting closing duties. Perform special operations like duplicating files for security purposes
- Support the credit and collection process. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Prepare credit notes, collection notices, make adjustment to entries, review and obtain approval for non-standard invoices, and cancel and replace checks. Support collection call process for current and past due clients. Collaborate with manager and sales team to ensure A/R and A/P are current.
- Support various ad-hoc projects and workflow process improvements as needed
- Document workflow, procedures, checklists, and policies for various tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Strong with Excel and preferred to have worked in an SAP environment