Warren Averett is looking for an IT Professional to join the Birmingham, AL office of our Technology Group. This position is responsible for entry and mid-level technical support of new and existing Warren Averett Technology Group clients. The technical and interpersonal skills are equally important as this position will be required to interface with non-technical members at all levels of an organization. This position is directly supervised by the Service Manager and Senior Management.
Areas of focus include: providing first and second level hardware and software support to clients; providing preventative maintenance services through onsite visits and remote administration; installation and configuration of hardware, software, and network peripherals; providing technical assistance and support to end users.
Some specific job responsibilities for these positions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides IT support services to new and existing Warren Averett Technology Group clients.
- Provides direct support of client operating systems.
- Ensures customer satisfaction with regard to all facets of network support or implementations.
- Provides support of client business applications.
- Ensures proper installation of Windows and other system updates.
- Administers and maintains client mobile devices.
- Provides support for printers, scanners, and other network peripherals.
- Provides helpdesk support for all incoming service requests.
- Administers and maintains data backup solutions.
- Provides general network administration of monthly support clients.
- Troubleshoots connectivity with regard to communication on a Local Area Network. This requires the ability to effectively troubleshoot TCP/IP.
- Works in conjunction with various vendors to troubleshoot and address software and hardware issues.
- Assists senior level consultants and/or engineers on service delivery.
- Bachelors degree or higher with focus on Information Technology (relevant work experience is acceptable).
- At least one year of experience working in a desktop support environment; working specifically with Microsoft Windows networks.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work with all people in all levels of any business organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to remote into the internal network and work after hours to meet client needs.
- Certifications preferred: MCP, Security +, CompTIA A+