Warren Averett Staffing and Recruiting is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join a growing company in Birmingham, AL.
We are seeking a Data Scientist that can unleash the potential of machine learning and Big Data to solve critical business challenges and unearth new opportunities.
- Create data-driven machine learning, Big Data, and modeling solutions that revamp our processes or produce data products
- Collect data for ad hoc, statistical analyses and data mining using STATE-OF-THE ART methods
- Initiate and lead the development, collection and organization of data for ad hoc and statistical analyses
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and experience with common data science tools
- Identify methods that allow continuous and automated statistical testing to enhance the predictability of deployed models
- Maintain relationships between business-area clients, business intelligence and IT so all teams are aligned to meet team objectives
- Present and communicate conclusions, solutions and complex analyses clearly to all audiences
- 8+ years of experience with a Master’s degree in a STEM field, like but not limited to: Computer Science, statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, engineering, economics, social sciences, physics and chemistry
- A quantitative, technical background in addition to being very curious
- Proficient with SQL and NoSQL databases and data
- Significant experience with AWS tools and services for storing and exploring data, such as: S3, Dynamo, RDS, Athena, Redshift, EMR…Etc.
- Experience working with raw and missing data
- Applied statistics skills such as distributions, statistical testing and regression