Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting is seeking a Java Developer for an established company in Birmingham, AL. The Java Developer will contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle; from gathering requirements through deployment and implementation of products. This position will work individually and/or on agile teams to develop well-designed, testable, and efficient code.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of Java applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3 years of Java experience
- Strong Java Proficiency, with knowledge of its ecosystems
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Ability to write reusable Java libraries
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful web services
- Experience with popular web application frameworks, such as Play, Spark, or Groovy on Grails a plus.