Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting is seeking a dynamic Pipeline Engineer for a client in the Greenway Plaza area of Houston. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience as a pipeline engineer.
- Engineer/Leader for pipeline construction design – new pipelines, pipeline loops, pipeline replacements, pipeline relocations and lowering, etc.
- As an engineer within the department, responsibilities include the oversight and optimization of designs to support the efficient use of capital in the areas of engineering, installation and operation of the facilities
- Support the development and scoping of new project opportunities including GIS and survey data analysis and pipeline route investigation
- Provide technical support and review of road, rail and water crossing permits including conventional bores and drill path geometry for HDD installation design
- Oversee selection of correct materials for pipeline installation including pipe, fittings, elbows, etc.
- Develop and communicate detailed pipeline design standards and best practices that can be leveraged long term by others in the Engineering Department to create consistency, repeatability and quality in future design deliverables
- Prepare/revise pipeline material specifications as required
- All work to be completed in compliance with cost and schedule expectations and meeting all environmental, health, safety, legal and code requirements
- Participate and assist Project Manager with developing “Lessons Learned” at the conclusion of the project
- Provide technical support to Operations and Maintenance groups, including all necessary design calculations to determine pipeline safety in relation to rail and vehicular loads over the pipelines
- Assist Supply Chain Management in evaluating pipeline design and installation contractors
- BS in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ yrs. experience in pipeline and associated pipeline and associated facilities design, construction, maintenance and operations
- Ability to make technically sound decisions and recommendations with less than perfect or incomplete information
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Fast paced environment – must be able to support multiple projects concurrently
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and be flexible to travel as required.
- Must be able to work outdoors, wear personal protective equipment, and walk on uneven surfaces
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business Preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
- Direct experience working in an operations organization preferred
- High competence in working with specific engineering design and drafting software tools preferred
- Good comfort level presenting information to all levels of management preferred
Share This PostBack to Current Openings