Warren Averett Staffing and Recruiting is seeking a Project Controls Specialist for a client in the Houston area.
- Development, implementation and ongoing application of Earned Value Management efforts within Operation Capital projects as well as familiar with related project accounting principles
- Participate in the annual Work Program and Budget preparation especially in the area of Client Operation projects. Maintain the List of above and below the line projects, and track changes as they occurred.
- Work closely with Project Manager and other key project team member/stakeholder to obtain necessary project approval
- Develop and maintain Capital Cost Tracking Sheet as well as Program Dashboard periodically.
- Drive Consistency in processes and monthly reporting for across region within Client operation.
- On a periodic basis, responsible for gathering, analyzing and reviewing of Value of Work Done (VOWD) Estimate and Outlook/Estimate at Completion and obtain necessary approval prior to report submission
- Provide necessary variance analysis toward previous outlook/forecast and approved budget
- Review cost management processes, templates and maintain communication within project team member with aim to increase level of report accuracy and leverage information
- Meet with project and operation management on a monthly basis to review projects financial status and provide analysis as to suggested courses of action for budgeting adjustments.
- Provide necessary support to Project Manager/Region Manager and engage with accounting department on related subjects such as accrual adjustment, reversal, re-class, budget revision, cost coding, etc.
- Regularly maintain and update Department’s Five Year Plan and KPIs
- Facilitate meeting to gather, challenge, and record project status with project team member
- Work with Project Management and related departments such as Accounting, Tax, Finance, and Integrated Planning/Supply Chain.
- Be able to prepare/develop, maintain and update project schedule as required.
- Experience in estimating pipeline and oil field facility projects
- BS in Accounting, Engineering or similar degree
- Should have minimum 5 years of project cost control experience and engineering project-related cost analysis work
- Good communication skills
- Familiar with midstream operation and maintenance projects is an advantage
- Familiar with project management planning, execution and monitoring and control concepts to allow meaningful forecasting recommendations
- Communications – ability to articulate a plan of action and document that plan by both verbal and written means.
- Possess good analytical skills related to cost tracking and analysis, and forecasting
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite especially in Microsoft Excel.
- Good familiarity with project schedules and dependency based scheduling in Microsoft Project and or Primavera P6
Share This PostBack to Resources