Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting is currently working with a client in the St. Petersburg / Clearwater area to find a permanent Senior Accountant, Financial Controls. This individual will be heavily involved with compliance and ensuring company policies are followed.
- Assist in the preparation of risk assessments, analyze risk and recommend areas of emphasis for targeted audit procedures and full internal audits.
- Assist in the development of the annual audit plan. Perform audits toward the execution of a plan, of internal audit reviews, to evaluate the adequacy of controls and management as related to key risks
- Inspect, identify and document systems of internal financial and operational controls through interviews, documents, questionnaires, policies, transaction testing and analytics.
- Provide guidance and training for internal control and best practice initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation of audit reports with key findings and management recommendations.
- Assist management with the completion of management responses.
- Maintain concise, up-to-date records of audit plans, findings, work papers, reports and other supporting documentation for audits performed. Possess strong project management skills including the ability to multitask and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Track, monitor and provide reporting over multi-location audit activities and results.
- Assist in the coordination of internal and external audit teams; supervise audit staff
- 3+ years of audit experience
- Prior public accounting experience is a plus
- CPA is preferred