Warren Averett is working with a great company in Tampa who is growing and adding a Senior Accountant to their team. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ experience and must understand GAAP. CPA is a plus.
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual financial closing process.
- Maintain global or regional subject matter expertise of select accounting areas.
- Assists in the evaluation of existing policies and procedures and compliance therewith.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of current and new finance and accounting programs and initiatives; makes recommendations for enhancements and improvements.
- Provides financial and technical support to management.
- Gathers and analyzes financial data during the closing/reconciliation/reporting/budget/forecast process.
- Generates ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested by management.
- Gathers and analyzes data reflected in the company's financial statements ensuring it is stated properly and reflects accurate information.
- Communicates issues, project status and other applicable information to management.
- Completes special projects as assigned by management.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals while utilizing creative capabilities, thought leadership, intellectual curiosity, and critical thinking.
- Supervises local and international colleagues
- National and international travel as required by assignments.
- Bachelor in Accounting, Finance, or similar with a CPA, CMA, CIA, etc. preferred (not a must-have)
- 3+ years of public or corporate accounting preferred
- Understand US accounting principles, procedures and regulations
- Understanding of accounting standards and procedures for consolidation of entity financial statements
- Understanding of GAAP to major accounting transaction cycles, intercompany transactions and eliminations, consolidation, and accounting for foreign exchange transactions.
- Experience with SAP/BPC, Concur, Ariba, Kyriba and/or other accounting information systems is highly preferred
- Advanced skills in Excel required, and working knowledge of Access & SharePoint preferred
Share This PostBack to Resources