Warren Averett has a client in Tampa who’s team is growing. More specifically, their accounting department is growing and adding a strong Sr. Accountant to their group. If you have a knack for the more technical side of accounting, call us!
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and distribution of accurate and reliable financial reporting to senior management.
- Heavily involved in month-end accounting close functions to include journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations, and balance sheet/expense account analysis.
- Working with intercompany transactions and various technical accounting procedures around fixed assets, trend analysis, account recs, etc.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifies information, researches variances.
- Develops and prepares reports within the NetSuite system, as well as on an ad hoc basis outside of the ERP system.
- Participates in various ad hoc projects and analyses associated with capital purchases, mergers & acquisitions, and the budget process.
- Maintains the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules on the FAS Software System; provides monthly detail for General Journal entries; insures proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Aid departmental managers and team members in the review and analysis of operations including other ad-hoc analysis requests.
- Maintain reconciliations, auditing and verifying documents while adhering to confidentiality policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
- 4+ years in an accounting role is required.
- Experience in public accounting preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite highly desirable. Sage Pro, or similar Accounting/ERP software required.
- Solid comprehensive understanding of GAAP and internal control compliance.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets, including V-lookup & pivot tables.