Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting is seeking a dynamic Sr. CAD Drafter Technician for an Engineering client. The position will be based in either Houston or Tulsa. The qualified candidates will have at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Development of CAD drawings on multiple pipeline projects; including site specific crossing drawings, construction typical drawings, pipeline facility layout and mechanical drawings, as-built alignment sheets, property sketches and plats, and permit drawings.
- Coordination with project teams to ensure that all deliverables are completed on time and meet the requirements specified.
- Prioritize tasks and balance workload according to project needs.
- Work on a regular basis with the Geomatics Manager and GIS team to maintain consistency between CAD and GIS deliverables.
- Assist the engineering, environmental, civil survey, permitting, and land groups to ensure that all drafting needs are being met.
- Provide support for training new hires.
- Ensure that all data being used in CAD drawings, matches 100% with the project GIS databases.
- Work with Geomatics Manager to establish standard operating procedures and perform quality control checks on deliverables to ensure they are created in compliance with the established procedures.
- Provide forward-thinking guidance and direction for the development and implementation of new technologies, software, and innovative processes.
- Occasional travel to other offices as needed for interaction with team members, clients, and project teams
- Certification in a related field from an accredited institution, with a minimum of ten (10) years of related professional experience.
- Significant experience working on interstate oil/gas pipeline projects is required.
- Thorough understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D in the context of preparing site specific crossing drawings, construction typical drawings, pipeline facility layout and mechanical drawings, as-built alignment sheets, property sketches and plats, and permit drawings.
- Desire experience in the production of CAD-based as-built alignment sheets using a 3rd party package such as Blue Sky or similar.
- Thorough understanding of how to integrate GIS data in CAD drawings to ensure all drawings are created using the latest approved project data from GIS.
- Basic ability in using ArcGIS 10.x to review, compile, query, and export data for use in CAD drawings.
- Proficiency in building terrain models and generating profiles from civil survey and public data sources, preferably in both AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcGIS.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and assign tasks while maximizing team efficiency on multiple projects.
- Provide guidance to less-experienced CAD staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Self-motivation to research and recommend new and innovative technologies.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and work in a team environment.
- Proficient knowledge of office productivity software including Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Outlook.