Warren Averett Staffing and Recruiting is seeking 2 qualified Sr. Drilling Engineers for a client in Northwest Houston. The qualified candidates will have at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Engineer, design, and manage operational execution of new-well drilling projects and, in consultation with completion engineers, ensure wells are designed and constructed for safe and efficient completions, workovers, and stimulations.
- Together with the Procurement team, manage the contracting process for drilling rigs, contracted services, materials, and equipment procurement.
- Lead day to day planning and operations in coordination with drilling foremen or consultants and contractors related to assigned projects.
- Ensure that operations are conducted in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Collaborate with other members of drilling, completions, asset, and exploration teams to assure seamless project coordination throughout the well delivery process.
- Establish measurement criteria for operations and systematically appraise and evaluate results against these standards.
- Participate in the development of short and long term objectives and establishment of capital budgets.
- Review and, as necessary, recommend and administer policies and procedures that govern the manner in which drilling activity is conducted and controlled
- Enhance technical competencies by keeping abreast of new trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Work closely with contractors to drive performance and cost control.
- Demonstrated knowledge of conventional and unconventional well design and planning, drilling safety and well control principles, environmental regulations, and field operations.
- Must possess the ability to direct and influence a team of internal and contractor personnel toward delivery of expected results and performance.
- Organized and disciplined with a reputation for integrity, maturity, and sound business judgment.
- Well-developed writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Fully functional in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of well design and planning software. WellView, or other drilling database and reporting software is a plus.
- Able to develop “fit-for-purpose” programs and utilize emerging technologies.
- Proven ability to function independently to identify and solve complex problems.
- Recognizes problems and identifies solutions.
- Generates results for assigned and self-initiated projects.
- Provides mentorship and training to others.
- Exercises sound judgment on critical issues. Capable of skillfully coordinating small to medium size projects.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required. (Petroleum, mechanical or equivalent)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in well planning and drilling engineering.
- US land drilling engineering, with offshore, international, and conventional resource experience considered significant pluses.
Share This PostBack to Current Openings