Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting is partnering with a client to find their next Sr. Network Engineer. This role will perform analysis of LAN/WAN needs and contribute to the design of LAN/WAN architecture, integration, and installation.
- Performs the installation, maintenance, and retirement of LAN/WAN infrastructure, which includes servers, peripherals, network nodes, terminals, and wiring.
- Evaluates LAN/WAN infrastructure and capabilities to make recommendations for capacity planning and technology refreshes or direction changes.
- Serves as a mentoring resource for LAN/WAN Infrastructure and the implemented configuration that support operations.
- Assists in the design, support, and maintenance of communication entrances for all voice/data services (T3/T1'S, Frame Relay, MPLS, ATM, Sonet rings, and copper entrance facilities).
- Assists in the design, support, and maintenance services for all cable plant infrastructures within the company (CAT5/6 Copper cabling, Fiber Optic cabling, enclosures, racking, and computer room design.
- Performs and designs monitoring platforms to capture LAN/WAN infrastructures health and performance to insure network stability.
- Performs tier 3 network troubleshooting and repair.
- Communicates and coordinates LAN/WAN Infrastructure downtime and service windows with Shared Services Teams.
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for network hardware, software, and telecommunications services.
- Prepares and maintains LAN/WAN infrastructure documentation of topology, device/system configurations and cabling layouts.
- Assists in the negotiations and procurement of all associated technical hardware, software and equipment needed to support infrastructure. This includes the routed/switched, converged voice, remote services, and materials for cable plant design.
- Designs networks; installs routers, switches, and hubs; identifies solutions through constant interfacing with appropriate management levels, clients, departments, and vendor organizations to ensure cost-effective and efficient solutions to support operations.
- Assists in planning, designing and implementing a high quality QoS enabled back-office network infrastructure.
- Proactively researches and locates the necessary tools and processes to identify troublesome trends; analyzes trends and develops a long-range plan designed to resolve problems and prevent them from recurring; maintains established service levels, establishes a method to compare project objectives /requirements against actual
- Develops test plans (including cases for functionality, integrity, and stress testing; tests matrixes; and definition of test methodologies and test strategy); responsible for the creation of test platforms, including evaluation of test equipment and designing test networks; develops automated test suites for product regression and stress testing.
- Insures compliance and maintain service level commitments to end-users. Identifies opportunities and recommends solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness; participates in IT initiatives to address service issues; keeps abreast of technical aspects of the PC-LAN/WAN computing environment; has a working knowledge of department-specific applications; attends seminars and other educational opportunities; seeks out insight and on-the-job training from peers and other internal and external resources.
- Designs, configures, installs, and maintains necessary LAN/WAN hardware and software to provide a suitable environment to run production applications and perform development; performs maintenance and release upgrades on a timely basis or as needed; monitors performance and availability of LAN/WAN platforms.
- Develops/follows procedures for LAN/WAN administration (e.g., security, reliability).
- Recommends standards and guidelines. Recommends/selects specific products as necessary, participating in tool and vendor evaluations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; Master's degree is desirable.
- 5+ years of related experience responsible for strategic planning, technical services for hardware/software engineering, and production support of the areas of responsibility listed above.
- Experience in LAN/WAN and multiplatform environments.
- Cisco CCNP required; CCIE preferred.
- Broad range of LAN and WAN knowledge/skills are required, including from among the following: Desktop & Server (MS Windows OS/Applications) , Internet/Intranet; Network (Frame relay, routers, switches, Ethernet, , TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, SNMP, IP, gateways, ATM, VPN (SSL/IPSEC), Routing Protocols (EIGRP, BGP, OSPF); WAN/LAN management toolsets and Protocol Analyzers.
- Familiarity with Unix systems, with experience in installation and administration of one or more operating systems.*Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.