Alfred J. Murray, III, CPA
Al Murray joined Warren Averett in 1995 and has over 30 years of experience serving closely-held businesses with practical solutions as if he were the owner of the business.
He consults with businesses in areas such as entity structure, tax planning, tax compliance with the IRS and cost segregation studies. He serves clients primarily in industries such as manufacturers and distributors, healthcare organizations, real estate and service businesses. He has extensive experience with audits of 401(k) plans. His experience includes 20 years of managing, consulting and performing employee benefit plan audits for private and public companies. Al lives in Birmingham with his wife and daughter.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Rotary Club of Homewood, Past President
- Hoover Chamber of Commerce, Past Treasurer
- The Church at Brook Hills, Stewardship Ministry Team
Ask Me About
- Why a cost segregation study may be valuable for your building
- Serving as auditor for 100+ employee benefit plan audits
- Federal tax credits for nursing homes, manufacturers and software developers
- Laying in the back of a KC-135 refueling plane watching an F-15 take fuel
- Traveling to Rwanda to visit the child I sponsor through Compassion International
- My experience in a motion picture (I have the W-2 from Burbank, CA to prove it)