Christopher L. Smith, CPA
Chris Smith is a Member in the Firm’s Audit Division.
Chris has been practicing in the field of public accounting since 1999. He joined Warren Averett in 2004 after having previously served with a local Birmingham CPA firm. Chris has experience in leading audit engagements of large nonprofit organizations and governmental entities, with an emphasis on serving clients in the healthcare and higher education industries. Chris has extensive experience assisting public sector clients with federal award compliance requirements. Although his primary focus is on public sector clients, he also has experience serving clients in a variety of fields, such as manufacturing, retail and service organizations. Chris resides in the Birmingham area with his wife.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, AL
- Master of Business Administration, Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, AL
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants
Ask Me About
- The specifics of NCAA-required, agreed-upon procedures for collegiate athletic programs
- Compliance requirements for organizations receiving and spending federal program and grant funds
- Ways to strengthen internal controls in your accounting department
- My new interest ─ snow skiing
- My first experience playing drums with an amateur rock cover band in front of an audience
- My experience gleaning produce for the Society of Saint Andrew to support local food shelters