John M. Mastin, CPA
John Mastin joined the Firm in 1977 and is a Member in the Firm’s Audit Division.
John has 35 years of experience in public accounting and provides full scope tax, accounting, audit and consulting services with specialization in the real estate and construction industries. He has been instrumental in the development of the Warren Averett’s accounting and auditing practice and has served on Firm Management Committees in the past.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting Auburn University at Montgomery, Montgomery, AL
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Montgomery Area Zoological Society, Executive Board Member and Treasurer
- American Cancer Society, Past Executive Board
Ask Me About
- Working with real estate developers
- Tax deferral on sale or exchange of real estate using section 1031 of the code
- Maximizing depreciation deductions and benefits of cost segregation studies
- Hiking in western North Carolina
- My daughter’s love to visit the zoo in Montgomery, AL
- Spending time with my family at the lake