Helping through the Holidays Service Initiative Announced
As the end of the year approaches, our team across the Southeast is coordinating efforts to give back and Help through the Holidays—our annual, Firm-wide holiday service initiative! Here are just a few activities that our team has been coordinating:
- The Foley team collected 28 bags of food for a project called Turkey Take-Out that was established to provide local families with a warm Thanksgiving meal, as well as food items to fill their pantries.
- The Pensacola office collected and delivered 481 pounds of food to Manna Food Bank, a local food pantry in Pensacola. That’s enough food to feed a family of four for a month—which hit their goal!
- Kevin Bowyer from our Destin office and Ana Goodman from our Fort Walton Beach office sponsored and played in a golf tournament at Indian Bayou Country Club last weekend to benefit breast cancer awareness.
- The Montgomery office collected donations for Child Protect, including goods needed and more than $1,500 in cash. Child Protect’s mission is to help children affected by abuse in our community overcome trauma and rebuild their lives.
And that’s not all! Plans are still unfolding for service projects through the end of the year.
- Our Atlanta office will be sponsoring The Empty Stocking Fund.
- Our Foley office will be collecting items for a food drive.
- Together, our Fort Walton Beach and Destin offices will be collecting food donations for a local food pantry and serving food at a food bank.
- Our Huntsville office will be participating in an Angel Tree and collecting donations for three girls and three boys.
- Our Mobile office plans to serve meals at the Salvation Army.
- Our Tampa team will be partnering with Meals on Wheels! Our team plans to help deliver meals bi-weekly and collect holiday gift donations for Meals on Wheels’ homebound Tampa Bay residents and seniors.
Thanks to all of our team members who are doing the behind-the-scenes coordinating of these service projects and to those who are participating! Stay tuned to the next edition of Around the Firm to see many other service projects and how our team Helped through the Holidays!
Montgomery Team Out and About at Events
- Our Montgomery team has made several appearances at community events this month! Women’s Philanthropy Board 2019 Fall Colloquium & Luncheon – Several team members attended this event, featuring keynote speakers Sarah Thomas (the first female full-time NFL Officiate for the NCAA College Football Bowl Division) and Greg Williams (the Head Coach of the six-time NCEA National Champion Auburn Equestrian Team).
- Mayoral Ceremony – Some of our Montgomery team also attended the historic inauguration of Steven Reed on Tuesday morning as he was sworn in as Montgomery’s first African-American mayor.
- Leadership Montgomery Graduation Ceremony – Warren Averett’s own Sellars McCurdy recently graduated from Leadership Montgomery’s Torchbearers Class XI.
Tampa Field Day
In May earlier this year, our Tampa team coordinated a field day to celebrate hard work throughout tax season and to inspire some friendly competition. Unfortunately, the team was only able to complete a few of their planned activities before rain forced the field day to be postponed.
This month, our Tampa team was finally able to finish the remaining field day activities! Our team members divided into teams based on their departments, and they went head-to-head in field games. The Audit Department took home the field day trophy, and they have full bragging rights—at least until next tear!
Thanks to each member of our Tampa team who participated in this great event and for keeping things fun at the Firm!
Birmingham Family Fall Festival
Our Birmingham team hosted a Family Fall Festival in late November so that team members could not only celebrate the great work that has been happening this fall, but so they could do it with their coworkers and families! Team members gathered in the office parking lot for a petting zoo, hay ride, moon bounce, hot dogs, pretzels and—of course—s’mores!
Thanks to the Birmingham Big R (Big Relationships) Committee for making this event a great success!
Podcast Recordings for Season Two Begin
Season One of The Wrap Podcast wrapped up in October, and Season Two is already underway! In November, Paul Perry and Kim Hartsock (Members of the Firm and the show’s hosts) began recording conversations with business experts for the next episodes. Keep an eye out for the launch of season two in early December!
Advisors Speak at BIZETCH Conference
This month, a few of our advisors had the opportunity to speak at the first annual Destin Chamber of Commerce Business Technology Summit (BIZTECH) about business recovery and continuity planning and also information technology trends.
Tampa Team Celebrates Thanksgiving
Our team in Tampa celebrated Thanksgiving with a lunch at the office! They enjoyed a catered meal plus a few of their favorite dishes that they cooked up themselves! Shout-out to our Tampa team for taking the time to celebrate solid relationships, be thankful and keep things fun!
Connect with Us
We love being involved in our communities and hearing from you—especially in the holiday season! Connect with us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and always stay in the know about what’s happening Around the Firm!
You can always let us know what you’re thinking or have a team member reach out to you by contacting us.