Holiday Service Projects Wrap Up
Our team continued to plan and participate in holiday-themed service projects throughout the month of December! Thanks to each of our team members who Shared your Success this holiday season! For more information about the “Helping through the Holidays” service projects our team conducted, see last month’s edition of Around the Firm.
(Pictured: Our Atlanta team volunteered at the Empty Stocking Fund, where they helped distribute children’s’ gifts to families in need.)
The Wrap Podcast Officially Launches Season Two
The second season of The Wrap, Warren Averett’s podcast, launched on December 4th! Once each week, Warren Averett will release a new episode of The Wrap, and you can join your favorites, Paul and Kim, for discussions about the topics that matter most to businesses.
If you missed the first three episodes that have already aired, you can binge-listen here or tune in wherever podcasts live.
Staffing & Recruiting Division Makes Headlines
Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting, part of the Warren Averett family of companies, was recognized by the Birmingham Business Journal as one of the top five executive search firms in Birmingham! Learn more here.
New Year, New Look
As our team closes the door on 2019, some team members are opening the doors to their newly-renovated offices. Warren Averett’s Huntsville office location’s renovations are complete, and our team is excited to welcome the Firm’s clients to a new, state-of-the-art space. (And they’re pretty excited to be there themselves too.)
If you’re on LinkedIn, you can see the renovations process unfold on Ray White’s profile. (We see you, Ray! Thanks for documenting this exciting season!) And if you’re in the area, stop by to see our Huntsville office’s new look in person!
In addition to Huntsville, renovations to the Birmingham office, and the Warren Averett Asset Management office in Homewood, are underway as well. Stay tuned for more updates!
Teams Gather for Holiday Parties
As our team winds down the year of 2019, they also stirred up some festive holiday parties! Each of the Firm’s offices celebrated in a different and unique way, but one thing is certain. They all Kept things Fun! Here are just a few examples of how our team celebrated the holiday season:
- The Pensacola team gathered at the new Studer Community Institute building in downtown Pensacola to build strong relationships! Team members enjoyed great food and door prizes.
- The Fort Walton Beach and Destin offices joined together at the Fort Walton Beach Yacht Club. It was a night filled with laughter, great company, food, games and prizes! In addition to the office-wide holiday parties, the Audit departments in several of our Gulf Coast offices gathered for their own celebration and a round of Dirty Santa!
- The Birmingham office gathered at the Barber Motorsports Museum for a transportation and travel-themed party! Team members toured the museum’s collection of over 1,600 cars, motorcycles and bicycles, and they drew for several door prizes.
- The Foley team hung stockings in the office with care this year, and they hosted a “Stocking Stuffer Breakfast!” At the end of the workday, they headed to the bowling alley for a few rounds of bowling and a round of Dirty Santa!
- This year, the Tampa office started a new tradition for holiday parties—a holiday brunch! The team enjoyed brunch food, a waterfront view at Jackson’s Bistro and a game of white elephant. After the brunch, the office closed to allow team members to get some last-minute holiday shopping done.
- Our Montgomery team met for a cocktail party where they enjoyed prime rib, a photo-booth, live music and door prizes. Several of the office’s young professionals also gathered beforehand to get a head start on the celebrations with a happy hour at a venue nearby!
- Our Atlanta office convened at an event space downtown for live music from a jazz trio and raffle prizes!
- The Huntsville office hosted a family party, complete with a balloon artist, cookie decorating, good food and even an appearance by Santa himself!
Stay Caught-Up With What’s Going on Around the Firm
We hope you’ll connect with Warren Averett on social media so that you can always know what’s happening around the Firm. As our team gears up for tax-filing season, we have a lot to share.
We love to hear from you too. Connect with us about what’s most important to you and your business.