Firm Team Members Make Headlines in June with New Appointments and Honors
Some of our team members have recently been recognized with some notable honors! Congratulations!
- Chris Branch of Warren Averett’s Birmingham office was named as a “Top Opportunity Zone Influencer” by Opportunity Zone Magazine. Learn more here.
- Michael Andrews of Warren Averett’s Montgomery office was elected as the Treasurer of the Montgomery Estate Planning Council. Learn more here.
- Missy Herbert of Warren Averett’s Atlanta office has been appointed to serve on the AICPA Enforcement Subcommittee.
Alabama Offices Host Opportunity Zones Webinars
Warren Averett’s Birmingham office and Huntsville office each hosted a webinar about Opportunity Zones and what business leaders should know about how the new regulations may impact their businesses. Thanks to all who attended these webinars and made them successful! If you weren’t able to attend and want to learn about Opportunity Zones for yourself, you can access the recorded event on demand here.
Tampa Office Hosts Event with Tampa Bay Chamber
Warren Averett’s Tampa office, as a top sponsor of the Tampa Bay Chamber, hosted over 100 guests for the Chamber’s “After 5” networking event. Team members in Tampa enjoyed showing off their new office space, networking with guests, meeting community members and, of course, sharing some delicious treats catered by Puff ‘n Stuff! This event was a wonderful opportunity for our Tampa team to strengthen existing connections in the community and even make some new ones! Thanks to all who attended and all who helped make the event a success!
Summer Service Projects are in Full Swing
Many Warren Averett teams across the Southeast are working hard to give back, and they are having fun while doing it! Thanks to our team members who coordinated and participated in these service projects in June!
- The Fort Walton Beach office and the Destin office recently teamed up to raise funds for the American Cancer Society by hosting a Strides for Cancer Walk as part of the Firm’s second-quarter service initiative dedicated to cancer research! These team members coordinated and participated in a two-mile walk and hosted a barbecue for walkers afterwards.
- Warren Averett’s Montgomery office is proud to partner with the Montgomery Biscuits for another season in support of the Montgomery Area Food Bank, an organization that provides needed services to nearly 390,000 people in Alabama. Click here to learn more.
- Ten team members in Warren Averett’s Atlanta office recently joined together to participate in a Habitat for Humanity build! Warren Averett volunteers helped with painting and roofing projects for a house on the west side of Atlanta.
Firm Partners with UAH to Support Entrepreneurs
Warren Averett is excited to announce our partnership with The University of Alabama in Huntsville’s Invention to Innovation Center. Through Warren Averett’s Huntsville office, our Firm will be providing sponsorship and support through sharing resources and strategic insight. Learn more about this exciting new partnership here!
Birmingham Office Coordinates Inter-Office Bowling League
In their spare time after they leave the office, you can find Warren Averett’s Birmingham team members at the bowling alley! The Birmingham office has coordinated its own bowling league that is composed of eight teams that compete weekly throughout the summer. Best of luck to our Birmingham Bowlers! We know that the Passion to Win is strong with this group!
Some Alabama Offices are Getting a New Look
Warren Averett’s Tampa office and Atlanta office recently got new, state-of-the-art office spaces, and the Firm just announced that our Birmingham, Homewood and Huntsville offices will soon be undergoing renovations as well! Stay tuned to Warren Averett’s social media accounts to get a glimpse of our new spaces when they’re completed!
You Can Always Know What’s Happening Around the Firm!
Follow Warren Averett on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn for updates about what we are working on, how we are serving our clients and communities and what we are doing to have some fun and build strong relationships! Remember, you can always contact us. We love to hear from you too!