Warren Averett Recognized as a 2020 Inside Public Accounting Top 100 Firm
Warren Averett was recently recognized by Inside Public Accounting (IPA) as a Top 100 Firm. Click here to learn more about the Firm’s ranking.
Warren Averett Hosts Virtual Events
The Firm hosted several virtual events throughout August and September.
- The Alabama and Georgia offices hosted 2020 Accounting Trends update with over 1,100 virtual attendees.
- Our Public Sector Industry Group hosted an Accounting Forum for over 300 attendees. The speakers covered accounting topics on Education, Nonprofits and Government.
- At our annual Healthcare Symposium, 132 attendees learned about the CARES Act, telehealth and price transparency in healthcare.
Thanks to all who made these virtual events successful and to all who attended! Click here to subscribe to event invitations from Warren Averett, and never miss an opportunity to connect with our experts about the topics that are most important to you!
New Podcast Episodes Have Been Released
Warren Averett’s podcast, The Wrap, released the two final episodes of season four, in which our hosts interviewed business leaders to share their stories of adaptation and creativity throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. This month’s featured guests include Casey Graham from Gravy Solutions as well as Luke Holden and Steve Song from Luke’s Lobsters. Listen to the newest episodes here.
Atlanta Team Members Gather for a Socially Distanced Lunch
Members of the Atlanta Tax Department Team gathered last month for a socially distanced lunch to get the gang back together since many of our team members continue to work remotely. Teammates brought their own lawn chairs and sat outside the Atlanta office to chat with each other. After six long months of working from home, everyone was glad to spend a little time (six feet apart) with their coworkers.
Firm Celebrates the Start of Fall
The Warren Averett team shared their favorite fall memories and activities on Instagram this month. We love crisp air, falling leaves and supporting our favorite football teams from afar!
Team Members Featured in Business Journals
Several of our team members were featured in local business journals in the month of September.
- Emily Jones, the practice leader of the Warren Averett Technology Group (WATG), and Scott Vance, Security Services Manager for WATG were featured as contributors to the Birmingham Business Journal’s (BBJ) Table of Experts Series in the Insights into Data Protection Learn more here.
- Adam Stephenson, CPA, CIA, CCA, Member of the Firm’s Audit Division, was featured in the Montgomery Business Journal’s Content Expert feature for his article titled “Transform Your Manufacturing & Distribution Company to Remain Profitable in a Post-COVID World.” Learn more here.
Welcome to Warren Averett’s Estate Group, New Hire!
Montgomery Team Member Wears Pink
Greg Sellers, CPA, AEP, one of the Firm’s estate planning experts located in Montgomery, is participating in the American Cancer Society’s Real Men Wear Pink campaign
Greg has a lot of reasons to invest his time and efforts into this campaign. His wife, Christy, is a breast cancer survivor. His close family friend who happens to be an artist was recently diagnosed with cancer. Greg purchased some of her art pieces and is donating them to his campaign, which will auction them off to raise money for the American Cancer Society.
Stay in the Know about What’s Happening Around the Firm
Don’t forget to connect with us on social media to keep in touch with what’s going on around the firm!