Heather Locklar, J.D.
Heather Locklar is an Estate Planner and Senior Manager in the Firm’s Tax Division.
Prior to Warren Averett, she served as an associate at Hughes & Scalise, P.C. Heather resides in Birmingham with her husband, Stewart.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
- Juris Doctor, Cumberland School of Law, Birmingham, AL
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Birmingham
- 2017 Future Leaders Forum for the Birmingham Bar Association
- National Business Institute, CLE Instructor on Grantor Trusts
- Clay House Junior Board (Past President)
- Birmingham Community Foundation’s 2020 Professional Partners in Philanthropy Leadership Forum
Ask Me About
- How to make sure your estate plan fits your personal needs as well as the current tax law
- Why family estate planning is so important
- Effective business succession planning techniques
- Why I chose to practice in estate and tax planning rather than litigation when I graduated from law school
- Traveling (There is so much of the world I would love to see!)
- Growing up on a farm