Warren Averett Named as the University of West Florida’s Career Development and Community Engagement Department’s September Employer of the Month
Warren Averett is honored to have been named as the University of West Florida’s (UWF) CDCE September Employer of the Month. The CDCE Employer of the Month program recognizes and honors employers based on their efforts to recruit students and alumni. The Firm consistently attends UWF’s annual Career Fair, Meet the Firms and Beta Alpha Psi meetings. Learn more about UWF CDCE’s Employer of the Month.
Warren Averett Technology Group Named to MSSP Alert’s Top 250 MSSPs List for 2021
Warren Averett Technology Group has been named to MSSP Alert’s Top 250 Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs) List for 2021. This is the third consecutive year that Warren Averett Technology Group has received this recognition. The list and research identify and honor the top MSSPs, managed detection and response and Security Operations Center as a Service providers worldwide. Learn more about MSSP Alert’s Top 250 MSSPs List.
Warren Averett Supports Five Different Animal Welfare Organizations
Our Firm, through our Warren Averett Animal Advocacy Group (WAAAG), was recently able to support different animal welfare organizations throughout five of our Firm’s locations. WAAAG is an employee-led, Firm-wide initiative of team members who are passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of animals and getting more people involved with fostering and volunteering.
- Our Birmingham CPAs and professionals supported Shelby Humane by conducting a dog training class, where participants donated money or goods to participate and learn more about how to communicate well with their furry friends. Learn more about our support of Shelby Humane.
- Our Pensacola team supported the Pensacola Humane Society’s Pet Resource Center through a supply drive. Our professionals were able to donate 316 pounds of pet food, dog treats, dog toys and other supplies that will help keep the Pet Resource Center thriving. Learn more about our support of the Pensacola Humane Society.
- Our Huntsville CPAs and advisors supported the Greater Huntsville Humane Society’s King’s Community Kitchen. We provided 161 pounds of food and some cat toys to support King’s Community Kitchen. Learn more about the Firm’s support of King’s Community Kitchen.
- Our Fort Walton Beach accountants supported Soul Pet Rescue with a puppy playdate. Team members made monetary donations in exchange for a fun, puppy-filled break from the workday. The Firm raised $290 and was able to save two dogs! Learn more about our support of Soul Pet Rescue.
- Our Montgomery team supported the Humane Society of Elmore County through a fun pet photo contest. Team members paid an entry fee to participate, and each vote raised $1. The Firm was able to raise $2,006 for the Humane Society! Learn more about our support of the Humane Society of Elmore County.
Atlanta Office Participates in Annual Georgia Accounting Food Fight
Our Atlanta office recently participated in and exceeded their fundraising goal for the annual Georgia Accounting Food Fight, which was sponsored by The Georgia Society of CPAs. The eighth annual food fight is a friendly fundraising drive that aims to fight food insecurity in Georgia. The Firm competed against other local CPA firms and local accountants in Atlanta. Learn more about the Georgia Accounting Food Fight.
Lisa Berry Serves as a Panelist for the Community Bankers Association of Georgia
Lisa Berry, CRCM, CCBCO, a Senior Banking Consultant and Principal of our advisory and accounting firm, recently participated as a panelist for the Community Bankers Association (CBA) of Georgia’s Winspire event. Winspire is an upbeat event that boasts educational and inspiring sessions for women to promote growth in mind, body and spirit. Learn more about Lisa Berry.
Derek Johnson Inducted into Leadership Tampa Bay’s Class of 2022
Derek Johnson of our Firm’s Tampa office has been inducted into Leadership Tampa Bay’s Class of 2022. Leadership Tampa Bay enhances awareness, education and knowledge of major regional issues through learning experiences and discussion. The program fosters a better understanding of regional challenges and opportunities so that graduates can develop solutions that benefit the community. Learn more about Derek Johnson.
Heather Locklar Selected for Girls Inc. Committee of 25
Heather Locklar, J.D., of our Birmingham office has been selected to join the Girls Inc. Committee of 25. Locklar is an Estate Planner and Member in the Firm, who enjoys helping women advocate for and take control of their financial futures. Learn more about Heather Locklar.
Warren Averett Asset Management Supports the Fourth Annual Bullets, Bourbon, Barbecue & Beretta Fundraiser
Warren Averett Asset Management’s Huntsville office was recently the proud title sponsor of the fourth annual Bullets, Bourbon, Barbecue & Beretta (BBBB) Fundraiser. The proceeds of the event went to Still Serving Veterans. It was a day of shooting Beretta USA’s world-famous handguns and shotguns followed by an evening of barbecue, beer, bourbon and cigars. Learn more about the fourth annual BBBB fundraiser.
Stay in the Know About What’s Happening Around the Firm
Don’t forget to connect with us on social media to keep in touch with what’s going on around the Firm!